How to reach Khajuraho is easily accessible from all parts of India. It has its own airport and railway station and the main temple complex can easily be reached by road from the airport or station.
Also Read: Khajuraho Temples, Madhya Pradesh - Travel Information
How to reach by Air You can fly from Delhi, Varanasi and Mumbai to this place. (Phone Number of Airport: +91 7686 740-415). The airport is located about 5-6kms from the main town.
Flights include: (1) Indian flights from Delhi, Mumbai and Varanasi; (2) Jet Airways flights from Delhi and Varanasi; and (3) Kingfisher flights from Varanasi.
How to Reach by Bus You can board a bus to this temple town from Mahoba, Harpalpur, Satna, Jhansi, Gwalior, Agra, Jabalpur and Bhopal.
Bus timings from Mahoba and ticket charge: Most people take the bus from Mahoba. There is buses from Mahoba on an hourly basis (last bus is at 5 pm). The bus fare from is about Rs.30/-. So this is the least expensive way to travel, but those who have travelled by this bus say it is a rough 3-4 hours ride of about 63-64kms.
A shorter bus route is the bus ride from Satna and from Jhansi.
Bus timings from Satna and ticket charge: From Satna there are hourly buses, the first starting at 6.30a.m. in the morning. It is a 4 hour moderately comfortable bus ride. The bus fare is Rs. 65/-.
Bus timing from Jhansi and ticket charge: If you are boarding a bus from Jhansi, you need to reach the Jhansi bus stand about 3-4 hours before the last bus departs at 5p.m.
If you wish to know the exact bus timings from Mahoba and Satna to this place, you can contact Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (MPSTDC).
Ph: +91-755-2553006/66/76 Fax: +91-755-2577441 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach by Train Most people board trains to Mahoba (64 km), Harpalpur (94 km), Jhansi (175 km) and Satna (117 km) from Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Agra & Varanasi. Few people know that this town now has its own railway station! However, you need to buy the train tickets at the Bus stand and not at the station itself.
Trains to reach the temple town:
(1) You can board the Bhopal Shatabdi from Delhi to Jhansi, from where you can take an auto (shared auto) to Orchha where you can stay overnight. The 229A train from Orchha departs at 7.25a.m. (tickets need not be booked in advance – you can buy the tickets at Orchha station). When you get off at the railway station, you can take an auto to the temple complex. There is a return train directly to Delhi also.
(2) An alternate train is the 2448 UP Sampark Kranti Express, which leaves from Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin station at 9:35p.m. on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays and arrives at 7.50AM, the next morning.
(3) The Passenger Train No.229A from Mahoba departs at 11a.m.
As you can see, travelling to this temple town is really easy!
Hotels and accommodation It is not a heavy expense, as budget hotels and lodges are available for individuals and families. You can even stay in dormitory-type rooms, paying for just the basics. When booking at budget hotels and lodges, you should confirm if the bathrooms are shared ones. Of course, there are five-star hotels and resorts nearby for those who want a more luxurious type of accommodation!
1. Hotel Rahil : Single room tariff: Rs.490/-; a dormitory bed in shared room: Rs.90/-
Ph: 07686 - 274 063 / 274 194
2. Hotel Payal : Room tariffs range from Rs.700/- to Rs. 2000/-.
Ph: 07686 - 274 064 / 274 076
3. Hotel Jhankar : Room tariff starts at less than Rs.800/- to Rs.2000/-
Ph: 07686 274063
4. Hotel Yogi Lodge: This lodge is very conveniently located, just opposite the main group of Western Temples. Many people stay here due to the delicious breakfasts and good accommodation. There is a roof-top restaurant. Tariff: Rs.80/- to Rs.100/- for a single or a double room depending on your choice; and Rs. 250/- for rooms with an air cooler.
Ph: 07686-274 158 / 244 158
5. Golbro Tiger View Resort nearby: This is located in Bandhavgarh, Madhya Pradesh. You can stay here overnight, explore the local national park and visit Temple complex the following day. The resort has special tour packages for students and couples.
Address: Near Petrol Pump, Tala, Bandhavgarh, Dist. Umaria, M.P. Pin Code - 484 661
Phone: +91 7627 265314 / Fax +91 7662 251251
Web Site: www.gtvresort.com
6. Holiday Inn : Room tariffs: 85 rooms, including 6 suites and 1 room for physically challenged. The hotels has an in-house restaurant and bar. Tariff: Rs. 3500 To Rs. 5000.
Address: Airport Road, near LIC Office Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh – 471606
Ph: 07686)-272 301
7. Lalit Temple View: 48 rooms. Hotel has swimming pool, spa and in-house restaurant.
Ph: 07686- 272 111, 272 333
Emergency contacts information You will surely have a wonderful tour of the temples, but, God forbid, you need to contact the local officials in case of an emergency you should note down the below-mentioned phone numbers.
Important Emergency Phone Numbers
1. Police Phone Numbers:
(b) +91-07686-274 032
2. Ambulance Services Phone Number: 102
There is a Government Hospital at Mahal Road, Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh (phone numbers not known). You can get basic medicines at dispensaries within the town.
3. Fire Services Phone Number: 101
Contact information Prior to planning your trip to the Temple complex, you may need to confirm certain details. You can contact the local Madhya Pradesh Tourism office for up-to-date information.
STD Code: 07686
Postal Pincode: 462 003
Madhya Pradesh Tourism Contact Information
1. Postal Address of Madhya Pradesh Tourism:
Bhopal - 462 003
2. Website of Madhya Pradesh Tourism: www.mptourism.com
3. E-mail address: email@example.com
4. Fax Number: +91-755-2779476/2774289
5. Accommodations Contact Information and Booking:
Online Hotel Booking: www.olrs.mptourism.com
6. Madhya Pradesh Transport Booking Contact Phone Number:
Ph: +91-755-2775572 (10:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. Mon to Sat)
(Closed on every Sunday and 2nd & 3rd Saturday of the Month and Government Holidays)
7. Online Bus Seat Booking Contact Phone Numbers:
Bus Booking Enquiries: +91-755-3295040 (Bhopal)/+91-731-2499366 (Indore)
Contact between: 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...