Cauvery wild life sanctuary is located in Bheemeshwari, on the Kanakpura – Kollegal highway from Bangalore. Bheemeshwari is a small town located between Shivanasamudra waterfalls and Mekedatu falls, on the Cauvery river which also flows through parts of Mandya district. During summers the temperature rises up to 34 degrees and in winters it goes down to 12 degrees in during some years.
The Region around 25 kms encircing this town, you can find small group of tribal community known as Soliga tribes and a Shiva temple worshipped by them. These tribals are knowledgeable about the use of herbal plants effectively to heal. This is a place far from the urban settlements, a cool hamlet, amidst nature's beauty. Cauvery is the most well-known and holy river for the Hindus of the South India. Cauvery fishing camp is a part of Jungle resorts on the banks of river Cauvery.
Once you reach this place you can visit many Fishing Camps. Some of them are:
1. Bheemeshwari – The activities of this camp includes walking, trekking an exploring birds species. The tariffs for the camps are quite reasonable. You can accommodate in tents and cottages enjoying the scenic beauty of the river flowing ahead. The camps provide facilities like cots, mosquito nets. Food is also served for tourists.
2. Galibore – This place is 16 km from Bheemeshwari, famous for fishing. The place is famous for Mahseer fish catching. The circular boats while boating amuses the tourist which a different experience.
3. Doddamakali fishing camp is seven kilometers upstream from Bheemeshwari which is slightly offroad situated in a thick forest area.
Animals in Cauvery Wild life sanctuary includes :-
4. Wild boar
6. Spotted deer
7. Four-horned antelope
8. Gaint squirrels
Birds species in Cauvery wild life sanctuary, Bheemeshwari are:-
4. Green-billed malkoha
5. White bulbul
Reptiles in Cauvery wild life sanctuary are:-
There are many accommodation options in and around Cauvery fishing camp. There are hotels and resorts in Cauvery Fishing Camp which offers all kind of facilities.
How to reach Cauvery wild life sanctuary:
This place is around 90 kms from Mysore and about 100 kms from the electronic city Bangalore. The nearest airport is Bengaluru and the nearest railway station is Mandya. The best visiting months will be between August to February every year.
Tips for tourists visiting Cauvery Fishing Camp and Wildlife spot :
1. Do not walk alone and during night times on the banks of the river, as the river is filled with marsh crocodiles.
2. Always make a group and stay within the group. Do not ponder individually.
3. Carry first aid box required for the group while trekking.
4. Do not disturb the animals and create a menace. Stay calm and enjoy.
Contacts for information:-
1. Karnataka Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC)
Badami House, NR Square
2. The contact number of Cauvery fishing camp
No responses found. Be the first to comment...