About Tezu in Lohit District
Tezu is the head quarter of Lohit district Arunachal Pradesh. Tezu is surrounded by important and interesting places for visitors. The scenic beauty of Tezu Township alone is the source of attraction for many visitors from across the country. Following are some attractions for tourists in and around the Tezu town. Lohit River in the district is related to the famous legendary place Parasuram Kund.
1. Buddha-Vihar popularly known as Chong is famous institution for Buddhists and for others.
2. Dong is a small village located about 200 km away from Tezu. It is the place of "fisrt Sunrise of the millennium in India".
3. Glow Lake is of about 8 square kilometers area is known to be rich of Himalayan flora and fauna.
4. The district museum reserves the heritage of handloom and artcrafts of local tribes.
5. Parasuram Kund: It is a mythological place of interest. According to Kalika Purana, Srimat Bhagabata and Mahabharata, sage, Parasurama washed away his sin of matricide in the water of Lohit River at the Bramha Kund. There occurs massive pilgrimage from all parts of India during Parasuram Mela held in the month of January. Good time to visit the Parasuram Kund is during November to February. From the point of Parsuram Kund (Bramha Kund), the Lohit River is known as river Bramhaputra in Assam.
6. Tezu is a place for trekking, river rafting and hiking.
How to reach Tezu
Nearest Railway Station: Tinssukia in Assam
Tinsukia city is connected from all the states of India. Almost all express and mail trains to Guwahati reach Tinsukia/Dibrugarh stations.
Nearest Busstand: Tinsukia
Nearest domestic Airport: Mahanbari in Dibrugarh District
Nearest International Airport: Guwahati
Good accommodation facilities are available for tourists in Circuit house and Hotels in Tezu.
For availing accommodation in Circuit House, Inspection Bunglow, Tourist Lodge etc Contact
Deputy Commissioner, Tezu
Tel: 03804 - 23666/22540/22777
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Muanglang Tours and Trades
Namsai, Lohit District, Arunachal Pradesh
Rupai Siding, DoomDooma, Tinsukia
Phone : Namsai : +91- 3806 - 262342
Rupai : +91-3759-240378
More articles: Arunachal Pradesh Tourism
No responses found. Be the first to comment...