Darjeeling Himalayan RailwayDarjeeling Himalayan Railway
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, also known as the DHR or the Toy Train, is a 2 ft gauge railway that runs between New Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling in the Indian state of West Bengal
If you want to travel by the Toy Train, currently there are three ways in which you can do so:
• Usual DHR Toy Train service between New Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling, and Kurseong and Darjeeling;
• Attractive a shorter roundtrip Joy Ride from Darjeeling to Ghoom (this is what most guests do);
• Riding the Jungle Safari Holiday Train from Siliguri to Tindharia and back, via the Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary
• Currently, the entire 7-hour Regular DHR trip from New Jalpaiguri (First class) expenses a fraction of the offered price of a First class Joy Ride ticket.
• Although the Joy Ride is allocated as a two-hour pleasure trip, you'll want to permit plenty of extra time and suppleness(we recommend around six hours). If your listed train doesn't fill up, you'll likely be put to the next planned train.
• Tickets for Regular DHR service can be booked in go forward but only online through the Indian Railway booking site, or at stations with the mechanized booking system (both of which are not exactly quick and easy).
• Fortunately, e ticket for the toy joy ride can now be purchased much more easily.