Freedom Park Bengaluru
The Freedom Park, Bangalore, was at one time a central jail where freedom fighters were imprisoned. The premises were redesigned by architects Soumitro Ghosh and Nisha Mathew-Ghosh and are a tribute to India's freedom fighters.
The Freedom Park, Bangalore was inaugurated by Shri L.K.Advani, who, coincidentally about 30yrs. earlier had been imprisoned in the jail premises during the 1977 emergency imposed by Indira Gandhi (the then Prime Minister of India). At that time, other political leaders like AB Vajpayee, Ramakrishna Hegde and Deve Gowda were also imprisoned at the Freedom Park jail.
Timings of Freedom Park Bangalore
The timings of Freedom Park, Bengaluru are: 5a.m. to 8a.m. and 5p.m. to 8p.m.
Entry Fees of Freedom Park Bangalore
At the time of posting this article, there was no definite information about whether or not entry fees have been introduced at the main gate of at any specific part of the Freedom Park, Bangalore.
Tips for Visitors to Freedom Park Bangalore
1. There are plenty of parking spots at the entrance of Freedom Park, Bangalore, so you don't need to park outside.
2. Since there is always a perpetual traffic jam in Bangalore, often due to some road work, it is highly advisable to try and check out information about road works before heading to Freedom Park Bangalore.
3. When it was first opened to the public, Freedom Park Bangalore did not have any entrance fees. It is possible, though, that now there may be a nominal entrance fee.
4. At the time of posting this article, the proposed restaurant & cafe had not been opened at Freedom Park, Bangalore. As it is possible that snacks & eatables are not permitted inside, it is best to have your fill before you visit!
5. There may or may not be fees for taking photographs/videos inside the premises of Freedom Park, Bangalore. It is advisable to call up before visiting.
6. There are a number of concrete slabs around the Freedom Park plaza area where you can relax during your visit. You can even take along a book and spend some peaceful hours at the aptly named literature court at Freedom Park, Bangalore.
You can get contact information of Freedom Park, Bangalore at the link below. It is a good idea to find out beforehand the days when Freedom Park is closed, timings, fees, etc.
How to Reach Freedom Park Bangalore The Freedom Park is a tourist theme park in Gandhi Nagar area, Bangalore. It's address and location in Bangalore city makes it easily accessible from all parts of the city.
How to Reach Freedom Park Bangalore
1. You can go to the Majestic bus station, Bangalore and board a bus heading towards Seshadri road; get down from the bus at the turning besides Freedom Park. The nearest bus stop to Freedom Park, Bangalore is the SJR College Bus Stop.
2. Road route from KR Circle to Freedom Park: When approaching the KR Circle (from Vidhana Soudha side), turn right – you will be getting on to the main Seshadri Road. Now keep a lookout on your left – just a few meters ahead down the road you will see a big curved blue wall. This wall has an entrance gate to Freedom Park, Bangalore.
3. You can also approach Freedom Park, Bangalore via Race Course road.
Click on the link below to know the exact address, location and phone numbers of Freedom Park, Bangalore.
Location Address Entrance Gates of Freedom Park Bangalore The Freedom Park, Bangalore, is the latest tourist attraction in Bangalore. It is a theme park with plenty of attractions for both children and adults.
Address of Freedom Park Bangalore
Gandhi Nagar - 560009
Location of Freedom Park Bangalore
As mentioned in the address given above, the Freedom Park Bangalore is located at Sheshadri Road in the Gandhi Nagar area of Bengaluru. It can be easily located due to the curved blue wall at the entry gate of Freedom Park Bangalore.
Landmark of Freedom Park Bangalore: It is opposite to Maharani's College.
Entrances to Freedom Park, Bangalore
There are 2 entry gates to Freedom Park, Bangalore:
1. On Seshadri Road, you can enter via the entry gate of Freedom Park Bangalore at the blue Freedom Wall.
2. Another entrance is via the entry gate of Freedom Park Bangalore at Ramchandra Road.
Click on the link below to know how to reach Freedom Park, Bangalore by bus and by car.