IRCTC offers a 4 nights / 5 days package tour to Ooty (also known as Udagamandalam - the Queen of Hill Stations and the capital of Nilgiris district of Tamil Nadu. Ooty is one of the most popular tourist resorts / hill stations in India. Ooty is popular for beauty of nature at an altitude of 2,240 metres above MSL (mean sea level) and cool weather in hot summer.
The mountain train journey is one of the main attractions of Ooty which draws a number of tourists every year. It commences from Kallar, near Mettupalayam to Ooty. The mountain train journey at a mean of 15 - 20 oC, with a view of beautiful landscape with thick green mountains and hills with tea gardens and eucalyptus trees (Nilgiri trees) would be a pleasant experience in hot summer.
Details of Ooty-Mudumalai package
- The train departs every Thursday from Chennai Central Railway station at 9.05 p.m The package is from April 1st 2018 to Sept 30th, 2018. Tourists can book reservation in SL / 3AC (sleeper coach or 3rd AC coach).
- Accommodation is provided by IRCTC in Hotel Grange / Vinayaga / Ponmari Residency or similar hotel.
- The cost of twin sharing under standard category is Rs. 10,250/- while it costs Rs.8,050/- for triple sharing.
- It costs an extra amount of Rs.3,280/- for child between and for 5-11 years with bed and Rs.2,590/- without bed.
- Cost of twin sharing under comfort category is Rs.11,570/- while it is 9,370/- for triple sharing.
- It costs an additional amount of Rs.4,610/- for child between 5 to 11 years while it is Rs.3,920/- without bed.
- Package Tariff for group booking (4-6 Pax) for twin sharing under standard occupancy is Rs.8,850/- while for triple sharing it is Rs.7,925/-.
- An additional amount of Rs.4,780/- is charged for child between 5 to 11 years with bed and Rs.4,080/- without bed.
- Tariff for group booking (4 - 6 Pax) for twin sharing under comfort category is Rs.10,500/- while it is Rs.9,580/- for triple sharing.
- It costs an extra amount of Rs.6,430/- for child between 5-11 years with bed and Rs.5,740/- without bed.
Note: Maximum 1 extra person per room is allowed. If extra bed is required for child below 12 years, extra person charges are applicable. For child between 5 to 11 years no extra bed is provided.
- Tariff for Ooty trip in triple sharing standard category is Rs.8,050/-.
- And in the comfort category, the twin sharing costs Rs.11,570/- per head
The package includes:
- Return train journey in Sleeper Class for standard category and 3rd AC for comfort category.
- 2 nights non A/C standard accommodation at Ooty.
- All pick-ups / transfers and sightseeing in sharing non-AC vehicle. Category of vehicle shall be decided as per the size of the group.
- All sightseeing and excursion as per the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance.
- Toll, parking and all applicable taxes for above services.
The package does not include:
- Jeep Safari / Elephant Safari which has to be booked by the tourists.
- Entrance tickets at the sightseeing places.
- Any portage at hotels, tips, insurance, mineral water, telephone charges, laundry and all items of personal use.
- Any services not mentioned in the above list of inclusions will be additional.
- Any still / video cam fees, entrance fees for monuments and any activities suggested in the itinerary are chargeable directly.
- Any deviation from the above programme.
- Travel Insurance above 59 years.
- Catering services - Food on-board & off board.
- Services of Tour guide.
Trip ItineraryDay 1: Departure from Chennai Central Railway Station by Nilagiri Express at 9.05 p.m. Train number 12671.
- Arrival at Coimbatore Junction by 5 a.m.
- Pick up at the railway station
- Travel to Ooty by road.
- Check-in at the hotel in Ooty, on arrival.
- Visit to Doddabetta Peak and Tea museum.
- Later visit Ooty town.
- Visit to Ooty lake and then botanical gardens.
- Overnight stay at Ooty.
- Visit to the places where film shooting had taken place in the morning. These include Pykara falls, lake etc.
- Visit to Madumalai Wildlife Sanctuary.
- At Mudumalai, visit to Elephant camp and Jungle ride.
- Back to Ooty for overnight stay.
Image courtesy: irctctourism.com
- Check-out from Ooty hotel in the morning.
- Travel to Coonoor by Road
- Visit to Sims Park and Dolphins Nose.
- Board Nilagiri Mountain Railway (NMR) at Coonoor railway station. The train departs at 1.30 p.m and arrives at Mettupalayam at 4.20 p.m.
- Pick up from Mettupalayam railway station and drop at Coimbatore Junction railway station at 7:30 p.m.
- Nilagiri Express Train No.12672 departs to Chennai by 8:30 p.m.
Day 5: Arrival at Chennai Central station by 5.05 a.m.
- Visit to the sightseeing places is subject to weather and road conditions.
- IRCTC will not hold responsible for any Natural or Social calamities.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- Final confirmation in the said hotels is subject to the availability at the time of booking, else similar category hotel will be provided.
- Heart patients, blood pressure patients, pregnant women, persons suffering from physical problems, senior citizens etc. need to be cautious while traveling and should be accompanied by someone.
- Online tickets will be generated and issued 4 days prior to the departure. Berth preferences / changes shall not be entertained as the tickets generation is through centralized PRS.
Cancellation PolicyFor ticket cancellation, log on to your IRCTC account, select the Tour Confirmation Number of the ticket you wish to cancel and cancel the ticket online from your booked history. Ticket cancellation can be done only online and not on PRS counters. Cancellation charges are as follows:
- Up to 15 days (excluding the date of departure) - Rs.100/- per passenger.
- Up to 8 to 14 days (excluding the date of departure) - 25% of the package cost.
- Up to 4 to 7 days (excluding the date of departure) - 50% of the package cost.
- Less than 4 days - 100 % of the package cost.
Check the other packages offered by IRCTC:
- Himalayan Golden Triangle Tour
- Indian Splendor tour in Maharajas Express train
- Trail of Ganges